unomi-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rule Evaluation Problem
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:33:11 GMT
It should work as you expect in the first scenario, but I noticed that
you use propertyValueInt instead of propertyValueInteger. Maybe this
is the problem ?

Regards,
  Serge...
On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 11:11 PM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:

> I think I may have figured out why this wasn't working after playing some more.
>
> First, I went to just and "exists" comparisonOperator to simplify that. Then, I added
a profileUpdatedEventCondition to my condition. These two conditions work and my action occured.

> Second thing, I realize the lessThan and greaterThan must work backward to how I expected
it.

> For example, consider properties.annualIncome = 4800. I expected that this condition
would be true:

>        {
>           "parameterValues": {
>             "propertyName": "properties.annualIncome",
>             "comparisonOperator": "lessThan",
>             "propertyValueInt": 12000
>           },
>           "type": "profilePropertyCondition"
>         }
>
> Really this must be: "12000 < properties.annualncomes == False"
>
> When I switch to greaterThan, suddenly everything work: "12000 > properties.annualIncomes
== True"

> So I had to do to things: 1) invert the comparisonOperator and 2) add a subcondition
for profileUpdatedEventCondition. Not sure why this worked but it seems to work OK.

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 4:31 PM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I am trying to get a proof of concept setup and I'm really struggling with how rules
work. It seems that this simple rule is not being evaluated and I've tried a lot of combinations
but still this won't perform as expected, I was hoping someone could just glance at the JSON
I'm working with and let me know if there's something I'm missing.

>> I have a rule and a profile attached and I don't understand why the rule work update
the property on the profile as expected. I've tried to make updated to the annualIncome property
thinking it would trigger the rule but that doesn't seem to work.

>> I would like to provide more docs to this project but I can't seem to figure any
of the features beyond updating profiles out enough to document them.

>> Please let me know what you think of this profile and rule, I expected the eligibility
property to be set to "yes" for the profile.