unomi-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unomi Tutorial, Installing on Ubuntu
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:22:13 GMT
I love it ! Very nice work, I'm going to merge the PR !

Regards,
  Serge...
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 4:15 PM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:

> Alright, I move the tutorial and added a section to resources. While I was in there,
I put the video embeds side by side with the title, grabbed the slide share link for those
other two videos, and put in a description from Youtube to fill some whitespace (screenshot
attached). Let me know what you think, I can always back that out.

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 9:04 AM Serge Huber <shuber@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> That would be fantastic, thank you very much.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Serge...
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 2:13 PM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > No problem! I think I understand and will move it to a separate page then add
a link to it in the Resources page.

think about just links that open in new tabs to resources and adding headings like: Videos,
Slides, Articles, Tutorials, Examples, etc. I feel like I've seen a lot more on Slideshare,
medium and youtube than what's on the site right now.

vs greaterThan condition in the rules example. I’ll run it again but it felt backwards to
me. I plan on exploring segmentation too so once I have something for that I can add it as
well, probably working get to that this month, maybe next.

I'll merge it

the documentation: https://github.com/apache/incubator-unomi/pull/70

will have a tag: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-210

<shuber@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
Should there be a “Tutorials” section with subsections like: Installation on Ubuntu, Creating
Profiles, Searching Profiles, Creating Rules, Creating Sessions and Events?

be adding that to this tutorial this week.

need help with anything.

look into the docs for how to contribute.

is "completed" would you like to contribute
website or do you prefer keeping it as an

we have a new resources pages we could
your tutorial !

on GitHub for installing on Ubuntu: https://github.com/mikeghen/unomi-tutorial

think, I will add some of the other things people have shared here (like installing as a service,
clearing the ES database) later