unomi-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unomi Tutorial, Installing on Ubuntu
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:16:46 GMT
Hello Michael,

I fully agree that the resources page should contain more than videos.
I would like to keep the embedded videos but make them smaller so they
don't eat up so much space.

I review your pull request but I'm sorry to bother you with this but I
would prefer it in a seperate HTML page with a link from the resources
page. This way we could immediately change the resource page to add a
tutorial section.

If you don't mind doing this that would be fantastic as my day is
already very full ?

Thanks again and best regards,
  Serge...
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 4:33 AM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:

> Ok, I moved it over to the site: https://github.com/apache/incubator-unomi-site/pull/11
>
> Let me know if you'd like to see any changes.
>
> For the resource page, instead of embedding the videos, what do you think about just
links that open in new tabs to resources and adding headings like: Videos, Slides, Articles,
Tutorials, Examples, etc. I feel like I've seen a lot more on Slideshare, medium and youtube
than what's on the site right now.

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 9:29 AM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:
>>
>> Right on, will take a look
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 9:28 AM Serge Huber <shuber@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Michael,
>>>
>>> I put a comment on the PR I don't know if you saw it. I'd prefer to
>>> have the tutorial in the site project than in the manual directly.
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-unomi/pull/70#issuecomment-439050505
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>   Serge...

condition in the rules example. I’ll run it again but it felt backwards to me. I plan on
exploring segmentation too so once I have something for that I can add it as well, probably
working get to that this month, maybe next.

tag: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-210

be a “Tutorials” section with subsections like: Installation on Ubuntu, Creating Profiles,
Searching Profiles, Creating Rules, Creating Sessions and Events?

<shuber@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
prefer keeping it as an

new resources pages we could

installing on Ubuntu: https://github.com/mikeghen/unomi-tutorial

some of the other things people have shared here (like installing as a service, clearing the
ES database) later