unomi-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Troubleshooting 204 errors
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2018 14:24:31 GMT
Hi Michael,

Looking at your log file it seems that something is not properly
configured in your connection to ElasticSearch. Did you adjust the
cluster.name in the elasticsearch.yml file ? Or did you change the
cluster name in Unomi's configuration ?

Regards,
  Serge...

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 1:03 AM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:

> I tried deleting the data in elasticsearch but this message is still showing up in my
logs. I also try to POST to /segments thinking it might be a simpler thing that /goals. I
got the same 204 response code.

> Here is the full log file which just looks like the same message over and over again.
>
> I'm also trying to restart Karaf but when I run ./bin/karaf, it just hangs.
>
> I'm going to do a fresh installation of Unomi on another VM and see if this issue goes
away.

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 2:41 PM Serge Huber <shuber@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Or you could shutdown ES and clear the data directory, that's what I usually do.
>>
>> cheers,
>>   Serge...
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:02 PM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ok, thanks. I try clearing elasticsearch using this command: curl -X DELETE
'http://localhost:9200/_all'

>> > 2018-10-17T18:00:31,912 | ERROR | Timer-4 | ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl
| 168 - org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core - 1.3.0.incubating | Error while executing
in class loaderjava.lang.Exception: Error loading itemType=org.apache.unomi.api.PropertyType
query={"match_all" : {"boost" : 1.0}} sortBy=rankat org.apache.unomi.persistence.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl$20.execute(ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.java:1434)
[168:org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core:1.3.0.incubating]at org.apache.unomi.persistence.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl$20.execute(ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.java:1325)
[168:org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core:1.3.0.incubating]at org.apache.unomi.persistence.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl$InClassLoaderExecute.executeInClassLoader(ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.java:1833)
[168:org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core:1.3.0.incubating]at org.apache.unomi.persistence.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl$InClassLoaderExecute.catchingExecuteInClassLoader(ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.java:1844)
[168:org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core:1.3.0.incubating]at org.apache.unomi.persistence.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.query(ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.java:1444)
[168:org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core:1.3.0.incubating]at org.apache.unomi.persistence.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.getAllItems(ElasticSearchPersistenceServiceImpl.java:618)
[168:org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core:1.3.0.incubating]at Proxy329fc026_449a_4b2d_8596_e3cb38cc0394.getAllItems(Unknown
Source) [?:?]at org.apache.unomi.services.services.ProfileServiceImpl.loadPropertyTypesFromPersistence(ProfileServiceImpl.java:269)
[179:org.apache.unomi.services:1.3.0.incubating]at org.apache.unomi.services.services.ProfileServiceImpl.access$000(ProfileServiceImpl.java:45)
[179:org.apache.unomi.services:1.3.0.incubating]

at this point I would suggest clearing the ElasticSearch data and re-starting Unomi. Otherwise
we will need to investigate more precisely but it might take more time. Also please don’t
hesitate to post longer log entries as stack traces can be very useful to understand where
the problem is coming from.

| 168 - org.apache.unomi.persistence-elasticsearch-core - 1.3.0.incubating | Error while executing
in class loaderjava.lang.Exception: Error loading itemType=org.apache.unomi.api.PropertyType
query={

- 1.3.0.incubating | Error loading property types from persistence service

to the request I am making or not. Any advice? I'm trying to just test out how the goals functionality
works.

204 errors (no content). Sometimes I can resolve them by reformatting my JSON.

I'm at a loss for how to create a goal.