unomi-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checking Unomi Log Files
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 08:49:27 GMT
I actually added a last step to the 5 minute quick start to give the
logs location. Do you think that's enough ?
It's step 11 here : http://unomi.apache.org/get-started.html

Regards,
  Serge...
On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 8:17 PM Michael Ghen <mike@mikeghen.com> wrote:

> Nice! I think the ES thing was clear in the quickstart, my issue was just finding the
wrong instructions for installing ES, just wasn't thinking about it when I installed it.

> I think a note in the quickstart about checking the logs would be a good addition. Maybe
in a "troubleshooting" section. I have never used Karaf before so I didn't know where to look.
Did a "find / -name unomi.log" and got nothing, didn't think to look for karaf.log.

> Thanks for the quick response, very helpful
>

> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 3:24 AM Serge Huber <shuber@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Ok I’ve improved the quick start to add the direct link to the right version of
ElasticSearch.

>> Regards,
>>   Serge…
>>
>> > On 13 Oct 2018, at 09:11, Serge Huber <shuber@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think I really need to improve the docs because a lot of users are
>> > having problems using the right version of ElasticSearch.
>> >
>> > You will need to use ElasticSearch 5.6.3 available here:
>> > https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases/elasticsearch-5-6-3
>> >
>> > And thanks to JB for helping you with the logs !
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >  Serge...

VM, the

Unomi...