uima-user mailing list archives

From Benedict Holland <benedict.m.holl...@gmail.com>
Subject close() never gets called on collection reader
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 22:26:45 GMT
Hi all,

This might be a bug but the close method on the collection reader never
gets called. I set up a breakpoint in an @override close function and it
didn't trigger so I looked into the run queue that calls hasNext() called
ArtifactProducer.run() and there isn't a collectionReader.close() command
anywhere. If this is a bug, I can file a ticket and if not, can I get a
fast example of how I can get close() called?

I need to do a few things after the collection reader ends and it seems
like close was the logical choice. The alternative is to something in
hasNext() when the condition fails but I really don't like that. The close
commands should all go in the close method.

Thanks,
~Ben