uima-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Terweh <d.ter...@drooms.com>
Subject Matching REPLACEd text
Date Mon, 20 May 2019 07:19:39 GMT
Dear All,

I am using uima to detect certain parts of contracts. Unfortunately the documents are not
originals but scanned and due to the recognition of OCR I have a rather high percentage of
errors. Furthermore I have some situations, where I would like to get the root or lemma of
a word and match on their basis, so I thought the best solution for both of these problems
would be the REPLACE() action, but unfortunately I seem not to get it working.

What I would like to achieve, given the sentences:
“They worked hard”,
“They were warking hard”,
“He vvorks hard”,
“I work hard”
I would want to perform some OCR correction (“warking” -> “working”, “vvorks”
-> “works”), like:
WrongWord{-> REPLACE(CorrectWord)};
And some stemming/lemmatizing (“working”,”works”,”worked” -> “work”), like:
                Word{-> REPLACE(Stem)};
After that I would like to match on the replaced text, by simply using the stems, like:
                ANY “work” “hard”{-> MARK(WhatIWant, 2, 3)};

Now my main questions are:

  *   Is it possible to match on replaced text?
  *   If so, can I highlight it in the original text?
  *   Can I see the changed text in the Annotation Browser View?
  *   Do I first need to write the outcome to a file and then reread and process it?

I hope you can help me with my request,
Dominik

Dominik Terweh
Praktikant

[cid:drooms_company_cf601d61-0bba-4d1a-b55d-a8580583d74c.png]

Drooms GmbH
Eschersheimer Landstraße 6
60322 Frankfurt, Germany
www.drooms.com<http://www.drooms.com>