uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Conditional MARKFAST in Ruta
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2019 12:05:45 GMT
Hi,

I do not see a way to do something like a conditional MARKFAST in Ruta
as you described.

I would postprocess the annotations with an UNMARK rule or add another
layer by creating temp annotations. Then, only create
MyFeatureAnnotations for those that start with a sentence.

Best,

Peter

Am 04.04.2019 um 12:26 schrieb Mario Juric:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying out some simple rule based feature extraction using Ruta. In one of the cases
I want to mark up places where certain phrases occur in the beginning of a sentence, and I
want to keep the phrases in a list that I load as resource and then apply using the MARKFAST
action, but I don’t know how to constrain it to sentence beginnings only. Doing something
like

> Sentence { STARTSWITH(Sentence) ->
>      MARKFAST(MyFeatureAnnotation, phraseList)
> }
>
> will obviously not work because the sentence always starts with a sentence, and it doesn’t
seem to put any constrain on the MARKFAST action itself. I can then try to unmark those again
that don’t align with a sentence start, but it’s kinda clumsy, and I have to be careful
not to unmark other MyFeatureAnnotation created previously by other rules/annotators. It’s
doable but I like to understand if there is a smarter way, which has so far eluded me after
looking at the documentation?

--
Peter Klügl
R&D Text Mining/Machine Learning