uima-user mailing list archives

From Nikolai Krot <tal...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem running UIMA Ruta ExampleProject
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2019 13:36:09 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying out UIMA Ruta and having hard times figuring out how to run
ExampleProject. I am not a Java guy and at this point feel already
frustrated with abundant documentation.

My steps so far have been to:

1) install Eclipse Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0) on Debian Linux
2) install UIMA Ruta plugin from
http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site (via elipse menu
[Install New Software])
3) download und unpack source distribution of UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 (found at
http://uima.apache.org/downloads.cgi#Latest%20Official%20Releases)
4) start eclipse and import ExampleProject from the distribution downloaded
in step 3)
5) in Eclipse, go to ExampleProject/input/Example1.txt, right click, select
[Debug As], then in Debug Configurations there is already Main.ruta, i
simply choose it and click Debug button.

As a result, I get an error Source not found. This is the stack:

org.apache.uima.ruta.ide.launching.RutaLauncher at localhost:43931
>     Thread [main] (Suspended (exception
> AnalysisEngineProcessException))
>         PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.innerCall(CAS) line: 336
>         PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.processAndOutputNewCASes(CAS) line:
> 321
>         PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl(AnalysisEngineImplBase).process(CAS)
> line: 269
>         RutaLauncher.processFile(File, AnalysisEngine, CAS) line: 242
>         RutaLauncher.main(String[]) line: 191

Could you please help me understand what is wrong? What am I missing?
Please bare with a non-Java guy if I am asking a really basic/stupid/etc
question.

Thank you in advance
Nikolai