uima-user mailing list archives

From Nikolai Krot <tal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem running UIMA Ruta ExampleProject
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2019 08:58:13 GMT
Hi Peter,

Thanks for supporting me :) This is what I tried on Ubuntu 18.04,
unfortunately to no avail:

1) i have deleted the configuration and launched the Main.ruta script
directly. I have the following

Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
> java.lang.LayerInstantiationException: Package
> jdk.internal.jimage.decompressor in both module jrt.fs and module java.base

2) then i have edited the configuration that was created by running step 1,
changing the following
  Tab JRE -> set Alternate JRE to point to java-8-openjdk-amd64

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value for
> descriptor is missing - Arguments: [descriptor, null, inputFolder,
> %2Fhome%2Fkrot%2Feclipse-other%2Fruta-2.7.0%2Fexample-projects%2FExampleProject%2Finput,
> outputFolder,
> %2Fhome%2Fkrot%2Feclipse-other%2Fruta-2.7.0%2Fexample-projects%2FExampleProject%2Foutput,
> mode, run, encoding, UTF-8, view, _InitialView, inputRecursive, false,
> addsdi, false, serialFormat, XMI]
>     at
> org.apache.uima.ruta.ide.launching.RutaLauncher.throwException(RutaLauncher.java:172)
>     at
> org.apache.uima.ruta.ide.launching.RutaLauncher.parseCmdLineArgs(RutaLauncher.java:111)
>     at
> org.apache.uima.ruta.ide.launching.RutaLauncher.main(RutaLauncher.java:176)

this looks  like something very basic related to environment configuration,
but as being non-java guy, i can not solve it.

If ExampleProject works for you, could you share your setup: OS, eclipse
version, JDK, etc whatever is relevant?

Best regards,
Nikolai