uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: Ruta start issues
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 12:58:53 GMT
Hi Peter,

> Yes, eventually the type system description of the script will be used
> to create the CAS for the launch delegate and that generated type system
> description imports (internally) RutaInternalTypeSystem.xml. In your
> case this description is not up to date. You can, for example, replace
> it using the popup UIMA Ruta -> Update Project, or simply create a new
> project and copy the descriptors. Then, maybe you need to modify the
> script and save it in order to force the builder to update the generated
> descriptions.

“Update Project” did the trick, thank you!

But I think that all users of Ruta 2.7 would run into the issue because I did not modify the
ExampleProject in any way, I just imported it the way the documentation told me to from the
fresh UIMA Ruta 2.7 download.

Thanks a bunch for the quick help!

Yours,

Erik

>>> Please mind that the Annotation Editor is able to remember the type
>>> system description that was used previously (see preferences). And
>>> concerning Ruta, the descriptors are not automatically updated when a
>>> new version of the Workbench is installed.
>> I am not so sure that this is an issue with the editor. The warnings and errors happen
when I run the scripts rather when viewing the results.

> There could be a problem with the CAS Editor extensions like the Applied
> Rules view. However, if the generated descriptor is fine, then there
> should bo no issue.
>

> Best,
>

> Peter
>

>> I hope we can find a solution, I am sure I just have beginner’s headache.
>>
>> I am very impressed by the sophisticated tooling you have built over the years, I
would love to use it in my work.

>> Best,
>>
>> Erik
>>

>>> Best,
>>>

>>> Peter

and useful project. So I installed a fresh Eclipse, downloaded the 2.7 source distribution
from the UIMA download page and imported the ExampleProject.

in both module jrt.fs and module java.base

and setters for feature "timestamp", but the type system doesnt define that feature.
setters for feature "timestamp", but the type system doesnt define that feature.
and setters for feature "timestamp", but the type system doesnt define that feature.

to run Main.ruta with the debugger. This won’t finish at all due to the exception

for type "org.apache.uima.ruta.type.DebugScriptApply”.

type system class does not match the descriptor. But this look like Ruta internals to me,
I am not quite sure if and where I went down the wrong path.