uima-user mailing list archives

From Mandy Neumann <mandy.neum...@th-koeln.de>
Subject Re: How to get TextRuler to work
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 08:44:41 GMT
Hi,

yes I already read elsewhere that TextRuler is not actively maintained.
Which is a pity because it has the potential to be a really cool tool!
We really need something like that in our project.

Thanks for pointing me to the error log, I eventually found the problem
in a NullPointerException - Ruta was not able to find the script
Base.ruta I had imported in Features.ruta (I wanted to mirror the
example project as closely as possible). Although both reside in the
same package, it was not clear to me that I still have to use the fully
qualified name to import.

By the way, in case anybody wants to pick up maintaining TextRuler
again, I would suggest to improve a bit on error handling here.

Cheers,

Mandy