uima-user mailing list archives

From Sarah <sars...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uimafit configuration parameter of complex type
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 13:23:56 GMT
Hi Richard,

Thanks for pointing out the alternative.

I assume that implementing a SharedResourceObject could be the way to go?

Cheers
Sarah

> On 23. Jan 2019, at 14:22, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Sarah,
>
> no, there is not.
>
> There are ways which allow you to pass in an object via an
> @ExternalResource. For example [1] illustrates how to pass an
> AtomicInteger into a component. But note that this only works in
> specific setups and is not in general supported by the UIMA Core
> framework.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/uima-uimafit/blob/master/uimafit-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/fit/factory/ExternalResourceFactoryTest.java#L190
>
>> On 23. Jan 2019, at 13:24, Sarah <sarschu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to pass on a configuration parameter to my annotator which is not of the below
listed type (from the documentation):

>> "array or collection types of primitive types (int, boolean, float, double), any
enum types, any types that define a constructor accepting a single String (e.g. File), as
well as, fields of the types Pattern and Localeā€