uima-user mailing list archives

From "Huy, Patrick" <patrick....@sap.com>
Subject UIMA-AS on Kubernetes
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:52:56 GMT
Hi,

we are running UIMA-AS on Kubernetes and we are facing some issues: when the endpoint a BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl
is connected to goes missing (because it's being restarted by Kubernetes) while a CAS is being
processed it seems like the AsynchronousEngine never recovers and becomes unusable from that
point (it seems that the CAS is "gone"), currently we are using the "failover" activemq protocol
but it does not seem to always help with the situation.

When the components processing a CAS go down while a CAS is being processed we are currently
unable to detect whether the process is just taking long or whether the component failed -
we are currently waiting on processing Timeouts to catch this state but something better/faster
(like healthiness pings or something) would be more desirable.

Also it seems like our component using the  BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngines requires a very high
amount of RAM to hold the CASes for each CAS Pool (around 5MB per CAS) is there anything that
can be done to optimize this?

Thanks in advance!
Patrick