uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Restrict resource of a DUCC node
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:23:45 GMT
Hi all,

is there a way to tell DUCC how much resources of a node it might allocate to jobs? My issue
is that when I let DUCC scale out my jobs with an appropriate memory definition via process_memory_size,
I get a lot of “Init Fails” where each failed process log shows

#
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Cannot create GC thread. Out of system resources.

If I raise the memory requirement per job to like 40GB (which they never require), this issue
does not come up because only few processes get startet but most CPU cores are not required,
then, wasting time.

I can’t use the machines exclusively for DUCC, so can I tell DUCC somehow how many resources
(CPUs, memory) it may allocate?

Thanks,

Erik