uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject run existing AE instance on different view
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 12:52:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run an already instantiated AE on a view other than
_InitialView. Unfortunately, I can't just call process() on the desired
view, as there is a call to Util.getStartingView(...)
in PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl that forces it back to _InitialView.

The view mapping methods I found (e.g. using and AggregateBuilder) work on
AE descriptions, so I would need to create additional instances (with the
corresponding memory overhead). Is there a way to remap/rename the views in
a JCas before calling process() so that the desired view is seen as the
_InitialView? It looks like CasCopier.copyCasView(..) could maybe be used
for this, but it doesn't feel quite right.

Best,
Jens