uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Single and double quotes help needed
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 10:55:12 GMT
Hi,

did you try something like:

DECLARE InQuotes;
(SPECIAL{REGEXP("\"")} # SPECIAL{REGEXP("\"")}){-> InQuotes};

The actual rules depend on the patterns that could occur, e.g.,
different kind of quotes, quotes in direct speech etc...

Best,

Peter

Am 10.05.2018 um 13:47 schrieb Trinka Dcunha-Crimson Interactive:
> Hi,
>

> I have been trying to capture single (' ') and double (" ") quotes in Ruta,
> but am at my wit's end figuring out how to do it.
>
> I used the escape characters but that didn't help.
>

> Basically, I want to capture the text within the double quotes or let's say
> the comma before the double quotes in the following sentence.
>

> "The case isn't ready," the judge said.
>

> Could someone advise?
>

> Best,
>
> Trinka
>

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely intended for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have   received this
email in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified  that disclosing, copying, distributing,
or taking any action in reliance upon the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. Any
views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated
to be those of Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd. and its affiliates. Crimson Interactive Pvt.
Ltd. does not guarantee the integrity of this email content or that it is free from errors,
viruses, or interference.

--
Peter Klügl
R&D Text Mining/Machine Learning