uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Runtime Parameters to Annotators Running as Services
Date Thu, 31 May 2018 21:25:07 GMT
I may not understand the scenario.

For meta-data that would modify the behavior of the analysis, for example
changing what analysis is run for a  CAS, putting it into the CAS itself is
definitely recommended.

The example above is for the UIMA service to access the artifact itself
from a remote source (presumably because it is even less efficient for the
remote client to put the data into the CAS). That is certainly recommended
for high scale out of analysis services, assuming that the remote source
can handle the load and not become a worse bottleneck than just having the
client put the data into the CAS.

Regards,
Eddie