uima-user mailing list archives

From "Osborne, John D" <josbo...@uabmc.edu>
Subject Runtime Parameters to Annotators Running as Services
Date Tue, 29 May 2018 17:33:54 GMT
What is the best practice for passing runtime meta-data about the analysis to individual annotators
when running UIMA-AS or UIMA-DUCC services? An example would be  a database identifier for
an analysis of many documents. I can't pass this in as parameters to the aggregate analysis
engine running as a service, because I don't know what that identifier is until runtime (when
the application calls the service).

I used to put such information in the JCas, having the CollectionReader implementation do
all this work. But I am striving to have a more lightweight CollectionReader... The application
can obviously write metadata to a database or other shared resource, but then it becomes incumbent
on the AnalysisEngine to access that shared resources over the network (slow).

Any advice appreciated,

 -John