uima-user mailing list archives

From franck.valentin@googlemail.com <franck.valen...@googlemail.com>
Subject UIMA-AS without a queue broker
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:16:23 GMT
Hi all,

I want to re-reimplement my existing UIMA pipeline with UIMA-AS, mainly to add concurrent
execution and to be able to cancel jobs.
My components will run on the same JVM and will be co-located. According to the documentation:
"[...] For co-located components, the UIMA AS framework uses custom very-lightweight queuing
mechanisms. For non-co-located components, it uses JMS queues, managed by ActiveMQ Queue Brokers
[...]".
But from the code examples it seems that I have to set a queue broker anyway even if my components
are all co-located. Is there a way to avoid it and run UIMA-AS without configuring a broker?

Thanks!
Franck