uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Logue <avlo...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: newbie question: can't get annotationViewer.sh working...
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 19:56:14 GMT
Hi Marshall,

I tried running the annotationViewer as root and got the same behaviour
as I'm getting as a regular user.

When I run it I only see the following on screen:
- input and browse button for "Input Directory"
- input and browse button for "TypeSystem or AE Descriptor File"
- a single View button at the bottom.

It is interesting that I don't see any UI elements for the Output
directory as mentioned.
I had noticed the screen-shot in "tutorials_and_user_guides.html" didn't
match what I see
but thought it was simply a case of the software getting ahead of the
documentation.  Now
I'm not so sure.

After clicking the View button the Analyzed Documents window pops up
listing the xml files
but I cannot locate any *.xmi files nor a directory called "processed".

Thanks,
Andrew.

On 2018/04/05 22:47:28, Andrew Logue <a...@shaw.ca> wrote:
 > Hello,>
 >
 > I'd like to evaluate UIMA for an upcoming project but am having
problems >
 > trying the examples with annotationViewer.sh.>
 >
 > It is throwing an error dialog: "java.lang.NumberFormatException:
null" >
 > when I double click on any of the sample files in the Analyzed>
 > Documents window (for example, New_IBM_Fellows.xml).>
 >
 > I'll paste the partial error message below but is there anywhere else >
 > for me to look and try to narrow down the problem on my system?>
 >
 > I'm using Arch Linux with Sun Java version "1.8.0_162".>
 >
 > I am able to build from source but am also having the same problem
with >
 > the binary tarballs.  (2.10.2, 2.10.3, and 3.0.0)>
 >
 > [alogue@freedom bin]$ ./annotationViewer.sh>
 > java.lang.NumberFormatException: null>
 >     at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:542)>
 >     at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615)>
 >     at >

org.apache.uima.cas.impl.XmiSerializationSharedData.addOutOfTypeSystemElement(XmiSerializationSharedData.java:202)>

 >     at >

org.apache.uima.cas.impl.XmiCasDeserializer$XmiCasDeserializerHandler.addToOutOfTypeSystemData(XmiCasDeserializer.java:2015)>

 >     at >

org.apache.uima.cas.impl.XmiCasDeserializer$XmiCasDeserializerHandler.readFS(XmiCasDeserializer.java:519)>

 >     at >

org.apache.uima.cas.impl.XmiCasDeserializer$XmiCasDeserializerHandler.startElement(XmiCasDeserializer.java:435)>

 >     at >

org.apache.uima.util.XmlCasDeserializer$XmlCasDeserializerHandler.startElement(XmlCasDeserializer.java:148)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:374)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2784)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:112)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:842)>

 >     at >

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)>