uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUCC job Issue
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:34:35 GMT
DUCC is designed for multi-user environments, and in particular tries to
balance resources fairly quickly across users in a fair-share allocation.
The default mechanism used is preemption. To eliminate preemption specify a
"non-preemptable" scheduling class for jobs such as "fixed".

Other options that could be of interest include:

ducc.rm.initialization.cap
This limits allocation to jobs until initialization is successful, limiting
the "damage" to other running preemptable jobs if a new job will not even
initialize.

ducc.rm.expand.by.doubling
This limits the rate at which resources are allocated to allow gaining some
knowledge about job throughput to avoid over allocating resources.

ducc.rm.prediction
Used along with doubling to avoid unnecessary allocation.

Regards,
Eddie