uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: DUCC and CAS Consumers
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 12:21:35 GMT
Hi Eddie, thanks for the reply!
I did indeed create a CR and a CM where the CR only sends file references which are then processed
by the CM into new CASes.
You wrote

>  The initial CAS created by the driver normally does not flow into the
> AE, but typically does flow to the CC after all child CASes from the CM
> have been processed to trigger the CC to finalize the collection.

I did observe exactly that. But it also seems that the new CASes, output by the CM, do not
flow to the CC. They stay in their AAE.
I ran the same setup twice where
1. in one run, the CC is part of the AAE and the DUCC CC is left blank
2. in the second run, the CC is provided as a DUCC CC and not contained in the AAE

In the first scenario, the CM-created CASes are passed to the CC and written to file. In the
second, only one single file is written, only containing the artifact reference that was meant
for the CM.

Does that mean that when using a CM you should not specify a CC and that the a CM can only
be used in an AAE where all downstream components are also included in the same AAE?

Best,

Erik