uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically bind resources to AnalysisEngine
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:04:02 GMT
Thanks to all for your answers.
I guess the simplest method is Marshall’s one: having my AE explicitly call load() on the
resource when changes are detected.

However, if I reading Richard’s suggestions, especially on this :

> However, if you want to use external resources, having a look at
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit/trunk/uimafit-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/fit/factory/ExternalResourceFactoryTest.java
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit/trunk/uimafit-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/fit/factory/ExternalResourceFactoryTest.java>

…if I correctly read the code, it means that I can bind a POJO as a resource to my AE. I
thought a Shared resource had to be described (and accessed) through a DataResource.
If I can directly inject my application’s vocabulary as resource, then my problems are gone,
because the vocabulary object gets updated each time the index changes. Am I missing something
?

Best,

— Hugues