uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: UIMAfit CpeBuilder not compatible with CasMultipliers
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 11:21:10 GMT
Let me answer my own question.
The CpeBuilder only unwraps the *first* AAE level. Thus, I just had two wrap my CasMultiplier
twice and then it works.
Sorry to disturb :-)

> On 5. Apr 2018, at 09:09, Erik Fäßler <erik.faessler@uni-jena.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to use a CPE containing an AAE with a CASMultiplier with the UIMAfit CpeBuilder.
But it wouldn’t work, the Multiplier would be iterated through but its CASes wouldn’t
be forwarded to downstream AEs.
> I learned that the CpeBuilder unwraps AAEs to gain access to their parameters. Unfortunately,
this breaks CasMultiplier compatibility. CPEs cannot handle CasMultipliers directly embedded
into them (cf. https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.10.2/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.cm.using_cm_in_cpe
<https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.10.2/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.cm.using_cm_in_cpe>).
An AAE wrapping is required.
> When using SimplePipeline.run(), everything works as expected. Unfortunately, SimplePipeline
does not support multithreading.