uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject Dynamically bind resources to AnalysisEngine
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:54:25 GMT
Hello,

Is there a way to dynamically bind/update resources for an AnalysisEngine ?
My use-case is : I build a query parser that will be used to retrieve information in an indexed
text database.
The parser performs spelling correction, but doesn't have to consider words in the index as
spelling mistakes. Thus, the (aggregate) engine is bound to the index vocabulary (ie a word
list).
My point is : when the index gets updated, its vocabulary will also be updated. I can re-build
a new aggregate parser, with the updated resource, but this takes time, mainly for loading
resources that were already loaded (POS model, lexica, etc.). Is there a way to update a given
resource on my parser without having to rebuild it ?

Thanks for your help,
PS: I'm mostly building on top of DKPro components. I may miss some basic UIMA mechanisms
Hugues de Mazancourt
Mazancourt Conseil

E: hugues@mazancourt.com (mailto:hugues@mazancourt.com)
P: +33-6 72 78 70 33 (tel:+33-6%2072%2078%2070%2033)
W: http://www.mazancourt.com