uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamically bind resources to AnalysisEngine
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2018 22:08:35 GMT
On 15.04.2018, at 10:04, Hugues de Mazancourt <hugues@mazancourt.com> wrote:

> However, if I reading Richard’s suggestions, especially on this :
>>
>> However, if you want to use external resources, having a look at
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit/trunk/uimafit-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/fit/factory/ExternalResourceFactoryTest.java<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit/trunk/uimafit-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/fit/factory/ExternalResourceFactoryTest.java>
>
> …if I correctly read the code, it means that I can bind a POJO as a resource to my
AE. I thought a Shared resource had to be described (and accessed) through a DataResource.
> If I can directly inject my application’s vocabulary as resource, then my problems
are gone, because the vocabulary object gets updated each time the index changes. Am I missing
something ?

If you are working in a single JVM then uimaFIT offers several options to inject POJOs into
UIMA components, yes. The most straight-forward one is probably the SimpleNamedResourceManager.

-- Richard