uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject Re: Lost in UIMA Ruta Workbench !
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2018 15:56:57 GMT
Hello,

The point is that the MARK action simply creates an annotation without any features. Reading
your code, it seems that you expect the matched value to be held in the « value » feature.
This is not the case.
You can access to the text that is covered by an annotation through the pseudo-feature «
.ct » (as coveredText).
Thus I guess the following rule should do what you want (not tested) :

Document{-> CREATE(INTENT, "value" = "Apply_for_Card")}<-{e:ENTITY{e.ct=="card"} # a:ACTIONS{a.ct=="application"};}*
;}*

But I guess that you will want to capture variations, such as plurals (card/cards) or even
derivation (apply/application).
Then you should have a look at MARKTABLE action, which will take as a resource a CSV file
with the text to be matched in the input document and as many features as you want to be created
on the annotation. Thus you could describe dictionary entries with your variations, all of
them mapping to a normalized value.

Keep trying, Ruta is a little bit tricky at start, but it’s worth the effort.

Best regards,

Hugues de Mazancourt
http://www.mazancourt.com
twitter: @mazancourt