uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Parameters for PEAR
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 11:07:11 GMT
Hi,

Am 10.01.2018 um 10:57 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
>> On 16.12.2017, at 13:48, Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it a problem for us to simply implement Matthias's solution: Make use
>>> of the parameters in the PearSpecifier and just set them in the wrapped
>>> analysis engine description if they are compatible?
>>>
>> Are there any opinions on this?
> First, I was a bit confused and though the "PearSpecifier" would be
> this guy here [1]. The I realized it is this one [2].
>
> Looking at where the parameters of the PearSpecifier are used: apparently the
> setParameter and getParameter are only ever called directly in unit tests.
>
> Does it mean that the frameworks so far does not make any use of these parameter
> as all? Or maybe they are used via some inherited methods...?
>
> It sounds reasonable to me that these parameters are forwarded to the top-level
> component in the PEAR - the question I am asking myself is though: why doesn't
> this already happen and (maybe) what else where these PearSpecifier parameters
> intended to do then?

Yes, these are exactly the questions we had :-)

I rather wanted to ask twice before I open an issue or implement
something. Could always be that I missed something. Initially, I thought
that the IBM guys (LanguageWare) made massive use of the PEAR concept
and they surely had some possibility to configure their PEARs.

Best,

Peter

--
Peter Klügl