uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Koch <matthias.k...@averbis.com>
Subject UIMA AS threading question
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2017 13:23:46 GMT
Hi

We noticed that UIMA AS does not scale with multiple threads as expected.

Digging further into the problem we noticed two places which are
executed by at most one thread at a time:
- BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl.sendCAS()
- BaseMessageSender.run()
We are using one UimaAsynchronousEngine per endpointName, thus
serializing and sending a message will only be done one at a time,
no matter how many instances of this analysisEngines we have running
under this endpointName.

How can we improve on this?
Can we just pool the UimaAsynchronousEngines?
Can we do better than just calling
UimaAsynchronousEngine.sendAndReceiveCAS()?

Sincerely,
Matthias

--
Matthias Koch