uima-user mailing list archives

From Lou DeGenaro <lou.degen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUCC's job goes into infintie loop
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:11:16 GMT
I'm sorry, but it is still not clear to me.

You need to give step by step instructions on precisely what you are doing
and the events that occur so I can re-create the problem, and/or you need
to supply DUCC daemons and user logs and say which Job or Service number is
not behaving properly.

The best advise is to upgrade to the latest version of DUCC and see if your
problem still exists.

Lou.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:49 AM, priyank sharma <priyank.sharma@orkash.com>
wrote:

> My complaint is that the job doesn't able to process any data as we gave
> maximum 75 minutes for a job to process, after every 75 minutes a new job
> starts it is having the same batch of ids as the previous job and this
> behaviour of the job continues untill we restarts the DUCC.
>
> Last time when this happened, that time one of our machine out of three
> was down and disconnected from the cluster.
>
> The machine which was down having all the UIMA-AS services deployed on it.
> Uima-AS services are used to process the data.
>
> When the machine is down then uimaas services should allocate to the other
> two machine, may be DUCC fails to allocate the uimaas services to the other
> two machine due to which the job may not able to process data.
>
> The problem still is with the job but i am trying to explain you every
> possible thing that happened to my cluster when the problem arise to make
> it easy for you to help me.
>
> Are my problem clear to you now???
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Priyank Sharma
>
> On Wednesday 15 November 2017 03:57 PM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
>
>> Please note that we make a clear distinction between "services" and
>> "jobs".  Earlier e-mail from you suggested that your trouble was related
>> jobs.
>>
>> Here is my understanding of you situation.  You use ducc_submit to submit
>> job comprising several work items.  DUCC starts three Job Processes all on
>> the same machine and these are successfully processing work items.  At
>> some
>> point before all work items are completed the connection to that machine
>> is
>> lost.  And at this point the trouble for you begins...is this correct?
>>
>> DUCC should detect that the lost contact machine is down, and if there is
>> space on other machine(s) it should allocate new Job Processes to continue
>> the work.  However, the disconnected machine may continue processing any
>> work items is was working on prior to losing connectivity, so it is
>> possible that the same work items may have overlapping processing.  Is
>> overlapping processing of the same work items your complaint?
>>
>> Lou.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:00 PM, priyank sharma <
>> priyank.sharma@orkash.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> server down mean one out of three machine is disconnected from the cluster
>>> of three and all the services were deployed on the machine which was
>>> disconnect from the cluster.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Priyank Sharma
>>>
>>> On Tuesday 14 November 2017 04:08 PM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
>>>
>>> What do you mean by "server down", precisely?  Since we have no logs to

JP

DUCC

a job process

and again due to