uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta on an ARM Linux Machine
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2017 13:59:21 GMT
Hi Nikolas,

Ruta rules (and rule development) are not tied to Eclipse. Eclipse provides a very convenient
tool for developing Ruta scripts through Ruta Workbench, but Ruta Workbench is not necessary
for this. You can even use your favorite text editor for writing the rules. All you need is
a JDK for the architecture you target, then compile UIMA and Ruta for that target.

As Ruta rules are (sort of) interpreted, it doesn’t matter if the your development environment
is not the same as the runtime environment. Thus a convenient way to develop in Ruta would
be to develop and test using Eclipes’ Ruta Workbench, and then run them on the ARM machine.

Best,

Hugues de Mazancourt
http://www.mazancourt.com
twitter: @mazancourt

> Le 29 oct. 2017 à 14:09, Nikolas Nisidis <nikolas.nisidis@fsfe.org> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> As the title suggests, my question is the following: is it possible and if so, how can
I develop a UIMA Ruta project on an ARM machine? To my knowledge, there is no Eclipse version
for ARM (or is there?). How should I proceed?