uima-user mailing list archives

From Nikolas Nisidis <nikolas.nisi...@fsfe.org>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta on an ARM Linux Machine
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2017 14:32:03 GMT
Hi Hugues,

So, maybe my question is the following: how can I compile UIMA and Ruta
for a project without Eclipse? Will it be easier if I already have
generated the descriptors from the scripts on Eclipse?

I assume that there is an answer to my question on
https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.howtos
but I'd like to know if I can have further guidance on that.

Thanks for the prompt response anyway.

On 10/29/17 15:59, Hugues de Mazancourt wrote:
> Hi Nikolas,
>
> Ruta rules (and rule development) are not tied to Eclipse. Eclipse provides a very convenient
tool for developing Ruta scripts through Ruta Workbench, but Ruta Workbench is not necessary
for this. You can even use your favorite text editor for writing the rules. All you need is
a JDK for the architecture you target, then compile UIMA and Ruta for that target.

> As Ruta rules are (sort of) interpreted, it doesn’t matter if the your development
environment is not the same as the runtime environment. Thus a convenient way to develop in
Ruta would be to develop and test using Eclipes’ Ruta Workbench, and then run them on the
ARM machine.

> Best,
>

> Hugues de Mazancourt
> http://www.mazancourt.com
> twitter: @mazancourt
>

>> Le 29 oct. 2017 à 14:09, Nikolas Nisidis <nikolas.nisidis@fsfe.org> a écrit
:

>> Hi,
>>
>> As the title suggests, my question is the following: is it possible and if so, how
can I develop a UIMA Ruta project on an ARM machine? To my knowledge, there is no Eclipse
version for ARM (or is there?). How should I proceed?
>> Is there a way to run at least an already written RUTA script on a text and get the
corresponding .xmi file as output?