uima-user mailing list archives

From "esteban.llanos@correounivalle.edu.co"<esteban.lla...@correounivalle.edu.co>
Subject Re: JCasGen failure
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:38:37 GMT

On 2017-09-07 16:52, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> Ok, there's a really simple explanation :-).
>
> UIMA **Version 3** changes how JCas classes are built and used.
>
> You have to "match" the version of UIMA you install into Eclipse with the
> version of UIMA you are using, where the match means running v2 with Eclipse v2
> things, and v3 with Eclipse v3 things.
> In your case, the version installed into Eclipse is a version 2, so it generates
> JCas classes suitable for version 2 of UIMA.  These are incompatible with UIMA
> version 3.
>
> To fix this situation, I would recommend you change your running environment run
> with the most recent production level of UIMA, which is version 2.10.1.
>
> Or, if you're interested in trying out version 3, you should install the version
> 3.0.0-alpha02 version of the Eclipse plugins.  These are available at
> http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/uimaj-v3-pre-production/ .
> The last part of the name (uimaj-v3-pre-production) is there to remind you that
> you're using an "alpha", pre-production level of the code.  We are working to
> release version 3 as a normal level, soon (I hope before the end of the year).
>
> Thank you for your interest!
>
> -Marshall
>

> On 9/7/2017 3:29 PM, esteban.llanos@correounivalle.edu.co wrote:
> >
> > On 2017-09-07 12:17, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Please say what version of UIMA you are using, and what version of the UIMA
> >> Eclipse plugins you are using (if you are using those to run JCasGen).
> >>
> >> Thanks.  -Marshall

with the starting guide given by Apache. When i create my Analysis Engine Descriptor, i define
my types and it's features (as is indicated), but when i use the JCasGen to create automatically
my Java Classes it create two files: (TypeName)_Type.java and (TypeName).java, the issue here
is both of them has several deprecated classes and methods like Annotation_Type and methods
like addGeneratorForType for FSClassRegistry. I've reviewed the API but i can't find the way
to solve this troubles.

> >  Hi, Marshall
> >
> > I'm using Apache UIMA Version 3.0.0-alpha02, and the Eclipse Plugins Version published
at the official page (http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/), UIMA Tools 2.10.1,
Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.1, Apache UIMA-AS 2.9.0 and UIMA Runtime 2.10.1, i think.