uima-user mailing list archives

From Georg Bonczek <georg.bonc...@tum.de>
Subject UIMA Ruta classloader issues
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm having difficulties setting up an AnalysisEngine containing JCas
Annotators and a Ruta script that calls extension functions using the
Play framework. Since the Play framework uses its own hierarchy of
classloaders, the system classloader somehow does not find the extension
classes.

When creating the type system and descriptors for the Ruta script, I can
pass the classloader used by the framework through the RutaBuildOptions.
But when creating an AnalysisEngine, the
initializeExtensionWithClassPath() method in the RutaEngine class does
only use Class.forName(each) to instanciate the extensions. When
replacing this call with

this.resourceManager.getExtensionClassLoader().loadClass(each);

and setting the manager's classloader to the one used by the framework,
the extensions get instanciated and the execution of the rule succeedes.
Is this behaviour expected and is there a way around this without having
to change the RutaEngine class? Please find the relevant parts of my
source code here:
https://gist.github.com/zekrg/42d0bea5a2c9c561d152a6df268318d5.

Thanks for your help.