uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: JCasGen failure
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:52:27 GMT
Ok, there's a really simple explanation :-).

UIMA **Version 3** changes how JCas classes are built and used.

You have to "match" the version of UIMA you install into Eclipse with the
version of UIMA you are using, where the match means running v2 with Eclipse v2
things, and v3 with Eclipse v3 things.
In your case, the version installed into Eclipse is a version 2, so it generates
JCas classes suitable for version 2 of UIMA.  These are incompatible with UIMA
version 3.

To fix this situation, I would recommend you change your running environment run
with the most recent production level of UIMA, which is version 2.10.1.

Or, if you're interested in trying out version 3, you should install the version
3.0.0-alpha02 version of the Eclipse plugins.  These are available at
http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/uimaj-v3-pre-production/ .
The last part of the name (uimaj-v3-pre-production) is there to remind you that
you're using an "alpha", pre-production level of the code.  We are working to
release version 3 as a normal level, soon (I hope before the end of the year).

Thank you for your interest!

-Marshall

On 9/7/2017 3:29 PM, esteban.llanos@correounivalle.edu.co wrote:

> On 2017-09-07 12:17, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please say what version of UIMA you are using, and what version of the UIMA
>> Eclipse plugins you are using (if you are using those to run JCasGen).
>>
>> Thanks.  -Marshall
>>

>> On 9/7/2017 11:06 AM, esteban.llanos@correounivalle.edu.co wrote:
>>> Hello, everybody.
>>>
>>> I'm new using Apache UIMA but i have a problem that doesn't leave proceed with
the starting guide given by Apache. When i create my Analysis Engine Descriptor, i define
my types and it's features (as is indicated), but when i use the JCasGen to create automatically
my Java Classes it create two files: (TypeName)_Type.java and (TypeName).java, the issue here
is both of them has several deprecated classes and methods like Annotation_Type and methods
like addGeneratorForType for FSClassRegistry. I've reviewed the API but i can't find the way
to solve this troubles.

>>> Thanks in advance :)
>>>

>  Hi, Marshall
>
> I'm using Apache UIMA Version 3.0.0-alpha02, and the Eclipse Plugins Version published
at the official page (http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/), UIMA Tools 2.10.1,
Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.1, Apache UIMA-AS 2.9.0 and UIMA Runtime 2.10.1, i think.