uima-user mailing list archives

From "r. r." <rob...@abv.bg>
Subject XMl generated by AnalysisEngineDescription.toXML not accepted by UIMA-as
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:23:16 GMT
Hello
I wrote an AE pipeline with uimaFit (and DKPro), which works fine in the command line (mvn
exec:java ...).
I successfully exported the xml descriptor via AnalysisEngineDescription.toXML and want to
use it with UIMA-as (apache-uima-as-2.9.0).
My first attempt with deployAsyncService.sh failed with:

"SEPM0004: When 'standalone' or 'doctype-system' is specified, the document must be
  well-formed; but this document contains a top-level text node"

but then I realised I need to supply an analysisEngineDeploymentDescription to UIMA-as, so
I amended this with a descriptor pointing to the one generated by toXML().

Now the error I'm getting is:

"Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'primitive_ctlr_DKProStanfordQueue_1' defined in URL [file:/var/folders/dt/vmntv00526g5s84b85rqwmm5qbfkqb/T/UIMAdd2springOutput2528967577403356774.xml]:
Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException:
Failed to instantiate [org.apache.uima.aae.controller.PrimitiveAnalysisEngineController_impl]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException"

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Robert