uima-user mailing list archives

From Tom Vacek <minnesota...@gmail.com>
Subject Ruta rule timeout
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 20:27:51 GMT
I'm running Ruta as an annotator in a more complex pipeline that
interleaves Ruta steps and other annotators.

I'm seeing some Ruta rules hang the engine.  I can fix bad rules manually,
but a crash of the entire system is not acceptable.  Is there a way to put
a time out on the rule application?  Also, some rules are scoped at
sentence or paragraph levels.  If there is a time out, it would be nice to
contain the failure to its scope rather than have the entire document fail
processing.

I thought about implementing this by creating a special-use jcas on the
desired scope, populating it with its annotations, calling the Ruta script
on them in a sandbox, and then copying the annotations back out upon
successful completion.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom