uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: How to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins Offline
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 06:57:41 GMT
Some additional comments:

- The uima bundles might require additional features which are not part
of the UIMA update site and which are not provided by all vanilla
Eclipse installations, EMF and DLTK. This could result in failing to
install the features using only a local update site.

- Copying a complete Eclispe installation (for the same OS) should work
just fine, if it is not the newer Oomph (?) installation. You need an
installation that contains the features and plugins. This is typically
an Eclipse installation that is unzipped into a folder.

Best,

Peter

Am 27.07.2017 um 00:26 schrieb Marshall Schor:
> Here's a suggestion.
>
> Use the normal way of Eclipse installing: "Help -> Install New Software".
>
> On the line saying "Work with", click the "Add..." button on the right.
>
> This brings up an "Add repository" box.  Click on the button which says "Local",
> and browse to a directory where you have downloaded the part of the Eclipse
> update site you want.
>
> To download the eclipse update site parts, do an FTP from
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/
>
> and move the files somehow to your linux machine.  Let's say you put them in
> /temp/uima-plugins/uimaj
>
> That directory should have a bunch of folders, jars, etc., like this:
>
> features/
> plugins/
> artifacts.jar
> content.jar
> ...  a bunch more signature files...
>
> Repeat this for RUTA: FTP from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/ruta/
> and put these in, say, /temp/uima-plugins/ruta
>
> Then first install uimaj, then install ruta.
>
> HTH. -Marshall
>

> On 7/26/2017 8:26 AM, Ding Haoqi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins on a virtual machine(Linux) without extranet,but
it seems dosn't work when I copy the file system where I install the Eclipse in my own PC
to the virtual machine,all the plugins about UMIA and RUTA become unavailable,What should
I do ? Is it possible for me to download the plugins and install them on the virtual machine
manually?

>> By the way, I have install the plugis on my own PC, but there is no files that its
name contains 'uima' or 'ruta' in the Eclipse's plugin or feature files. Which files on earth
is associated with the uima and ruta?