uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: How to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins Offline
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 22:26:40 GMT
Here's a suggestion.

Use the normal way of Eclipse installing: "Help -> Install New Software".

On the line saying "Work with", click the "Add..." button on the right.

This brings up an "Add repository" box.  Click on the button which says "Local",
and browse to a directory where you have downloaded the part of the Eclipse
update site you want.

To download the eclipse update site parts, do an FTP from

http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/

and move the files somehow to your linux machine.  Let's say you put them in
/temp/uima-plugins/uimaj

That directory should have a bunch of folders, jars, etc., like this:

features/
plugins/
artifacts.jar
content.jar
...  a bunch more signature files...

Repeat this for RUTA: FTP from
http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/ruta/
and put these in, say, /temp/uima-plugins/ruta

Then first install uimaj, then install ruta.

HTH. -Marshall

On 7/26/2017 8:26 AM, Ding Haoqi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins on a virtual machine(Linux) without extranet,but
it seems dosn't work when I copy the file system where I install the Eclipse in my own PC
to the virtual machine,all the plugins about UMIA and RUTA become unavailable,What should
I do ? Is it possible for me to download the plugins and install them on the virtual machine
manually?

> By the way, I have install the plugis on my own PC, but there is no files that its name
contains 'uima' or 'ruta' in the Eclipse's plugin or feature files. Which files on earth is
associated with the uima and ruta?