uima-user mailing list archives

From "Osborne, John David (Campus)" <ozb...@uab.edu>
Subject RE: DUCC Web Server Service Visibility and Default Reservations
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 15:24:52 GMT
Thanks Burn - I'm going to try with a secondary broker and see how it goes.

 -John

-----Original Message-----
From: Burn Lewis [mailto:burnlewis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:58 AM
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Re: DUCC Web Server Service Visibility and Default Reservations

I think this is one of the reasons we don't encourage use of the DUCC broker ... it uses non-standard
ports (to avoid conflicts with a user-created broker) and your error message probably means
that the default pinger cannot access the default JMX port of 1099.  There is a way to specify
the JMX port for the pinger but I think the simple and more general approach is for you to
use a separate broker.  The DUCC installation includes UIMA-AS so from some shell set UIMA_HOME
and start a broker, e.g.
export UIMA_HOME=$DUCC_HOME/apache-uima
$UIMA_HOME/bin/startBroker.sh

~Burn