uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cwik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How know when "Session is closed" after establish connections between uima-as client and ActiveMQ?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 13:12:32 GMT
Hi, can you include part of a client logging just before the broker is
stopped and restarted until timeouts start. When a connection is recovered,
the client creates a new temp queue and includes it in an outgoing messages
to services so that replies can come back. Seems like the client outgoing
messages contain a reference to an old temp queue which explain the
timeouts. You say you have multiple clients in your app and only one
instance works after the broker is restarted. The rest of the clients
continuously fail after the broker restart (true?). All UIMA-AS clients
share the same broker connection so the question is why only one of the
clients recovered and included correct temp queue for replies and the
others did not. Can yo confirm that you keep sending messages from your
clients and only one of them succeeds with send and receive.

Jerry

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 4:09 PM, nelson rivera <nelsonrivera12@gmail.com>
wrote:

> i just tested the snapshot build from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/trunk, i continue using
> 8 service uima-as remote, 2 are used only for
> aggregates services, and created 6 uima-as client instances in my
> client application general.
>
> Now the behavior is the follow:
>
> After restart the broker, the first uima-as client that is consumed
> (no matter which),
> has a correct behavior, the instruccion to uima-as client
> "BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl.connectionOpen()" return "false" and
> correctly initializes the client again and process the request.
>
> All next uima-as client to consume returns "true" to the instruccion
> "BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl.connectionOpen()", send the request,
> and then the uima-as service process the request but after shows lines
> similar to this in the log
>
> 03:24:52.338 - 1283:
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.
> UimaAsAsyncCallbackListener.onException():
> INFO: Service:XCharsetDetector JMS unable to Deliver
> CAS:46623412:15d57234659:-7fea -
> Error:temp-queue://ID:nelson-XPS-8700-40232-1500405516005-1:1:5
> 03:24:52.338 - 1283:
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.
> UimaAsAsyncCallbackListener.onException():
> INFO: Controller: XCharsetDetector Handling Release CAS Request.
> Releasing CAS Reference Id: 46623412:15d57234659:-7fea
>

> and then in my mechanism de timeout in client side, after 10 seconds
> without get any notification  on onBeforeProcessCAS() metod of uima-as
> client's UimaAsBaseCallbackListener y throws timeout exception.

> > Yes. the changes are in the svn so you prefer building from source just
> do
> > svn update to pickup the latest code.
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM, nelson rivera <nelsonrivera12@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry for the delay, I took holidays days, i will test the snapshot very
> >> now.
> >>
> >> I can build the snapshot from
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/trunk?, the change is
> >> there?

> >> snapshots/org/apache/uima/uima-as/2.9.1-SNAPSHOT/uima-
> >> as-2.9.1-20170714.131835-3.tgz
> >> snapshots/org/apache/uima/uima-as/2.9.1-SNAPSHOT/uima-
> >> as-2.9.1-20170714.131915-4.zip

> >> snapshots/org/apache/uima/uima-as/2.9.1-SNAPSHOT/

> >> nelsonrivera12@gmail.com>

> >> out.

> >> and

> the

> >> createSession
> Destination:
> >> createSession
Is
> >> checkClosedOrFailed(

> >> use
> >> output,but

> >:
> rejects

How many

end in a
> exception,

The
> connection
> >> is

framework from the
> >> test

Cwiklik
+ tar) are here:

> content/repositories/snapshots

Jaroslaw Cwiklik

from source are here:

so I will try to post a
will provide you with a

PM, nelson rivera <

url to source code with the

Jaroslaw Cwiklik
changes to deal with a stale
> >> Session.

at 2:21 PM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik <

the code and work on a fix

2017 at 2:10 PM, nelson rivera <

trace for the error that asked me:
2:08:50 PM
> >> client.ActiveMQMessageSender
The Session is
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSe
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSe
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSe
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.cl
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.cl
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

12:16 GMT-04:00, nelson rivera
is random, not occurs always. In the
and simple test case tested, after
> restart
restart service uima-as, the instruccion
> impl.connectionOpen()"
i initialize the client again.

behavior is most frequently with
> many
Is the case of my general application
> in
uima-as, and for each one creates one
(BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_impl) and keep
of the service uima-as.

this scenario with many instancies of
> uima-as
in the same
> >> program
web in tomcat) where after restart the
restart any service uima-as, many uima-as
to the instruccion
> impl.connectionOpen()"
> >> but
The Session is
the request.

16:13 GMT-04:00, nelson rivera
peculiarity is that, is a primitive annotator
is deployed with de deployAsyncService.sh de

14:53 GMT-04:00, nelson rivera <

In my program main, i initialize a uimas-as

client

once

and

use

this client to consume all requests to a

displayed

Before process a request i ask to uima-as client

with:

BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_
> impl.connectionOpen()

and if the result es "false", i stop the uima-as

and

initialize

it

again.

With some steps, still undefined, but after

restart

Broker

without restart service uima-as.

The instruccion to uima-as client

BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngine_
> impl.connectionOpen()

them i get a "javax.jms.IllegalStateException:

The

closed"

when proces the request.

Wich is the best way to know when connections

betewen

cliente

uima-as

and ActiveMQ is broken? and i should restart
> >> uima-as

client.