uima-user mailing list archives

From "Ding Haoqi" <dongnan_...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: How to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins Offline
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:19:55 GMT
Thanks Peter and Marshall very very much! I have installed them successfully.
I installed the Eclipse in the 'D:/eclipse/'(Windows OS) and all the UIMA plugins before,
but it didn't work when I copy the complete Eclispe installation or the 'features' and 'plugins'
folders to another Windows PC correspondingly. That's because the plugin installation downloaded
by the the online way was put in the 'C:/user/username/.eclipse/.../plugins/' folder not the
'D:/eclipse/plugins/'! That's also why I can't find any file related  to 'uima' or 'ruta'
in the Eclipse's subfile.

At 2017-07-27 14:57:41, "Peter Klügl" <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>Some additional comments:
>
>- The uima bundles might require additional features which are not part
>of the UIMA update site and which are not provided by all vanilla
>Eclipse installations, EMF and DLTK. This could result in failing to
>install the features using only a local update site.
>
>- Copying a complete Eclispe installation (for the same OS) should work
>just fine, if it is not the newer Oomph (?) installation. You need an
>installation that contains the features and plugins. This is typically
>an Eclipse installation that is unzipped into a folder.
>

>Best,
>

>Peter
>

>Am 27.07.2017 um 00:26 schrieb Marshall Schor:
>> Here's a suggestion.
>>
>> Use the normal way of Eclipse installing: "Help -> Install New Software".
>>
>> On the line saying "Work with", click the "Add..." button on the right.
>>
>> This brings up an "Add repository" box.  Click on the button which says "Local",
>> and browse to a directory where you have downloaded the part of the Eclipse
>> update site you want.
>>
>> To download the eclipse update site parts, do an FTP from
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/
>>
>> and move the files somehow to your linux machine.  Let's say you put them in
>> /temp/uima-plugins/uimaj
>>
>> That directory should have a bunch of folders, jars, etc., like this:
>>
>> features/
>> plugins/
>> artifacts.jar
>> content.jar
>> ...  a bunch more signature files...
>>
>> Repeat this for RUTA: FTP from
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/ruta/
>> and put these in, say, /temp/uima-plugins/ruta
>>
>> Then first install uimaj, then install ruta.
>>
>> HTH. -Marshall
>>

>> On 7/26/2017 8:26 AM, Ding Haoqi wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I need to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins on a virtual machine(Linux) without
extranet,but it seems dosn't work when I copy the file system where I install the Eclipse
in my own PC to the virtual machine,all the plugins about UMIA and RUTA become unavailable,What
should I do ? Is it possible for me to download the plugins and install them on the virtual
machine manually?

>>> By the way, I have install the plugis on my own PC, but there is no files that
its name contains 'uima' or 'ruta' in the Eclipse's plugin or feature files. Which files on
earth is associated with the uima and ruta?