uima-user mailing list archives

From Josep María Formentí Serra <jmforme...@aia.es>
Subject UIMA Ruta thread safe
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 09:03:01 GMT
Hi all,

  We are building a web service using directly the RutaEngine, in the
inicialization the engine is built as:

UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(AnalysisEngineFactory

.createEngineDescription(createEngineDescription(RutaEngine.class,
                                            RutaEngine.PARAM_RULES,
rule.getRule().getConditions()))));

  And then we call method *process *passing the *JCas*.

  All is ok but when we receive concurrent requests, starts to appears many
exceptions like these:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document is ambiguous, use
one of the following instead : uima.tcas.DocumentAnnotation
de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.segmentation.type.Document
    at
org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaEnvironment.getType(RutaEnvironment.java:459)
~[ruta-core-2.6.0.jar:2.6.0]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at java.util.ArrayList.addAll(ArrayList.java:577) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
    at
org.apache.uima.ruta.condition.ImplicitCondition.eval(ImplicitCondition.java:70)
~[ruta-core-2.6.0.jar:2.6.0]

  Is UIMA Ruta thread safe? we are doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
  JM