uima-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Darms <johannes.da...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Parallell Text transformation before CAS
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 14:14:40 GMT
Hey Nicolas,

you can use different Views for these kind of tasks.
1. Create a Reader which dumps the text asis, without transformation, into the View/Sofa.
2. Write AEs to take the View/SOFA with your raw text and create a new View/SOFA with the
transformed text.

So you can exploit the parallel processing of AEs to do the costly transformation.

Regards,

Johannes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Paris" <niparisco@gmail.com>
To: user@uima.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:40:19 PM
Subject: Parallell Text transformation before CAS

Hi

My goal is to apply transformation to texts before transforming them to
CAS. The possible way is to do that in a Collection Reader or a
Collection Initialiser (deprecated) Pipe.

Accordingly to documentation, the parallell features of UIMA only
applies to Analysis Engines. Then If I want to distribute my
transformations on raw texts, I need to hardcode it in the Collection
Reader part. No way to configure it with "casPoolSize" ?

Am I missing something ?

Thanks by advance,

--
Nicolas