uima-user mailing list archives

From Hugues de Mazancourt <hug...@mazancourt.com>
Subject [Ruta] STRINGLIST behavior
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 12:41:08 GMT
Hi all,

I was struggling for several days on a memory leak on a server running a Ruta parser.
I guess I finally got the cause: I was using a STRINGLIST variable that I though was local
to an analysis (a JCas), but apparently, it is global to the Ruta interpreter. In my case,
since I was adding elements to the list and never cleared it. Things went wrong...
Can you confirm that behavior ?
If this is the case, what happens when there are several Ruta threads involved ? (I’m creating
the instances with UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(…) with multiple simultaneous requests)

Thanks,

Hugues de Mazancourt
http://about.me/mazancourt