uima-user mailing list archives

From José Tomás Atria <jtat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @ConfParam initialization of values from symbol name of static instance?
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 18:53:09 GMT

> Regarding mentioning it in the documentation - not sure. Do we have to
> document all the behaviors of Spring in detail? If it were documented, we
> should also have unit tests for it. Would you like to turn your code into a
> unit test and to contribute it + the related documentation?

I'd be happy to! I'd like to explore how far this capability goes in any
case, as I was actually initializing values from a String[] when I
discovered that it worked. I'll try to put together some tests.

> P.S.: I am aware that you have contributed a patch to uimaFIT which has so
> far not been integrated (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4212).
> The main reason is that the patch does not include
> unit tests (cf. my comment from Dec 2015). Contributions are really
> welcome, but without tests, it is
> somewhat tedious to integrate them.

Ah yes, I remember that. Sorry for not finishing up the patch properly;
since I came to programming from the academy I was not very familiar with
unit-testing when I started playing around with UIMA etc. but I'm still
very interested in contributing. Let me find some time and I'll take a look
at both the indexing methods and this param initialization thingy.

cheers!
jta
--

sent from a phone. please excuse terseness and tpyos.

enviado desde un teléfono. por favor disculpe la parquedad y los erroers.