uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: [Ruta] STRINGLIST behavior
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 12:53:12 GMT
Hi,

it should be local with respect to a ruta script/module/block (->
RutaEnvironment) and local to the processed CAS.

Recently, a bug was reported that could maybe cause this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5423

The environments are not resetted if the script declaring/initializing
the variable is called by another one which is called by the main one
(two stacked scripts). The bug is fixed in the current trunk.

Is this the case in your application?

If not, I'll investigate it further.

Best,

Peter

Am 17.05.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Hugues de Mazancourt:
> Hi all,
>
> I was struggling for several days on a memory leak on a server running a Ruta parser.
> I guess I finally got the cause: I was using a STRINGLIST variable that I though was
local to an analysis (a JCas), but apparently, it is global to the Ruta interpreter. In my
case, since I was adding elements to the list and never cleared it. Things went wrong...
> Can you confirm that behavior ?
> If this is the case, what happens when there are several Ruta threads involved ? (I’m
creating the instances with UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(…) with multiple simultaneous
requests)