uima-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Madan <sumit.ma...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta use of features in a block statement
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 11:26:55 GMT
Am 31.05.2017 um 09:59 schrieb Peter Klügl:
> Hi,

Hi Peter,

> Am 30.05.2017 um 19:35 schrieb Sumit Madan:
>> We were not able to access the annotation within the BLOCK.
>>
>> ###
>> STRING s;
>> BOOLEAN a ;
>>
>> // This is not working for us:
>> BLOCK(forEACH) Lemma{}{
>>      Lemma{->MATCHEDTEXT(s), ASSIGN(a,contains(s,"er"))};
>>      Lemma{a ->Test1};
>> }
>>
>> // This is working:
>> BLOCK(forEACH) Lemma{}{
>>      W{->MATCHEDTEXT(s), ASSIGN(a,contains(s,"er"))};
>>      W{a ->Test2};
>> }
>>
>> // This is also working:
>> BLOCK(forEACH) Lemma{}{
>> Document{->MATCHEDTEXT(s), ASSIGN(a,contains(s,"er"))};
>> Document{a ->Test3};
>> }
>> ###
>>
> All three examples should work. Which ruta version do you use? It looks
> like a bug.

Lisa is testing again and will get back to you.

>> We weren't aware that we can use contains() as a condition too. I
>> think the documentation [1] doesn't describe that String functions
>> with return value boolean can be used as conditions. I think one can
>> assume if you see the source code (public class
>> ContainsBooleanFunction extends BooleanFunctionExpression) under [2].
>>
>> [1] https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html
>> [2]:
>> https://github.com/apache/uima-ruta/blob/trunk/ruta-core-ext/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/ruta/string/bool/ContainsBooleanFunction.java
>>
> Thank, I'll extend the documentation.

Thank you!

> Hmm, I do not know, this sounds all correct. Did you switch the CAS view
> in the CAS Editor?

It's working now. The commit, which activated the second debug option,
was not included on our developement environment. That's why the views
were empty. The views are very helpful to get an fast overview over the
failed and matched rules.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

Sumit Madan, M.Sc.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Research fellow

Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
Department of Bioinformatics
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin

Room: C3-242