uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <sc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha released
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 21:13:58 GMT
Hi,

To anyone following this thread, it's cross-posted on the dev@uima.apache.org
mailing list, and is being responded to there.

-Marshall

On 5/15/2017 11:11 AM, Benjamin De Boe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David: FYI, we've been able to get our UIMACPP code to work with the UIMA 3.0.0-alpha2
kit with just a rebuild. It's not that we're covering the entire surface area, but at least
the upgrade passed fine.

> Marshall: Are there any plans for a new UIMACPP release? We'd especially like to see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4899 resolved, given the impact it has on our use
of the framework.

> Thanks,
> benjamin
>

> Benjamin De Boe
> Product Manager | InterSystems
> T: +32 2 464 97 33 | M: +32 495 19 19 27
> http://www.intersystems.com/

about the alpha release which Marshall might have missed.

> From: "Fox, David" <david.fox@optum.com<mailto:david.fox@optum.com>>
> Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 11:58 AM
> To: "user@uima.apache.org<mailto:user@uima.apache.org>" <user@uima.apache.org<mailto:user@uima.apache.org>>
> Cc: uima-dev <dev@uima.apache.org<mailto:dev@uima.apache.org>>, "schor@apache.org<mailto:schor@apache.org>"
<schor@apache.org<mailto:schor@apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha released
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1.  Has the alpha release been designed to be compatible with UIMA C++ (latest release
2.4.0), and/or tested with that release?

> 2.  Is there a rough timeframe for a UIMA AS version of 3.0-alpha?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> From: Marshall Schor <schor@apache.org<mailto:schor@apache.org>>
> Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM
> To: <announce@apache.org<mailto:announce@apache.org>>
> Cc: uima-dev <dev@uima.apache.org<mailto:dev@uima.apache.org>>, uima-user
<user@uima.apache.org<mailto:user@uima.apache.org>>
> Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha released
>

> The Apache UIMA team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache UIMA Java SDK,
version 3.0.0-alpha.  This is an early of version 3.0.0 intended to enable a wider set of
users to test and give feedback.

> Apache UIMA <http://uima.apache.org><http://uima.apache.org> is a component
architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio
data.

> This release is a major rewrite of the internals of core UIMA, and includes many new
features, including:
>  -- support for arbitrary Java objects in the CAS
>  -- New semi-built-in UIMA types: FSArrayList, FSHashSet, IntegerArrayList
>  -- New "select" framework integrated with Java 8 Streams
>  -- Elimination of concurrent modification exception
>       while iterating over UIMA indexes
>  -- Automatic Garbage Collection of unreferenced Feature Structures
>
> A full description of the new and changed parts is here:
> http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-3.0.0-alpha/version_3_users_guide.html
>
> This release requires Java 8, and is intended to be backwards compatible with existing
Version 2 pipeline code, except for the need to regenerate or migrate (tooling provided) user-defined
JCas class definitions.

> Please send feedback via the Apache UIMA project mailing lists.
>
>  -Marshall Schor, for the Apache UIMA development team This e-mail, including attachments,
may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient
or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.